WRR Group Lesson Policies
November 28, 2014
How do I register for the next session? Do I fill out another form?
students do not need to fill out a registration form. Just mail a check or leave payment in the brass payment box, noting the student's name and class time (and dates of planned absences). Continuing students will have a spot reserved for them in the same class if payment reaches WRR by the registration deadline. Check the Session Calendar on the web site or office bulletin board for the deadline. Please
allow adequate time if registering by mail. See Prices.
What if I know I can't make all the lesson dates?
Option 1. You can pay the
full session price and make up a planned absence in another class if there's space. When you register, include a note with the other class date & time you wish to substitute. Include all possible time options. If we can't find a space for you, we can provide credit or a refund.
Option 2. You can register for as few as
4 lessons. Please check the Prices page for the cost of 4 lessons. However, you must include a note with your payment saying which lesson date(s) you will miss.
Unplanned absences after the session has begun cannot be refunded and we cannot guarantee a makeup time. See
Missed Lessons below.
Can I add a lesson after the session has begun?
If you are already registered for a class, you can add
additional lessons on a different day. Check the
roster for available spaces and then confirm with us. Please refer to the
Prices page for applicable amounts.)
What's the price for signing up for fewer than four lessons?
Lessees and previous
students may check with us for availability once a session has begun to sign up
for between 1 and 3 lessons. Please refer to the Prices page for applicable amounts.)
If I miss a class, can I do a makeup or get a refund?
- Once a session has begun and you miss a class, you have 4 weeks to make up a missed lesson in another class time. We don't guarantee that we can schedule a makeup in that 4 week period and we don't provide refunds or credits. (See Cancellations below if you need to cancel after you have registered.)
- Please email us if you won't be coming (in case someone could use your spot or horse).
- If we don't have classes for 4 weeks after your missed lesson, we can't schedule a makeup.
- We don't schedule makeups in the first week of a session for beginner classes.
- We don't schedule makeups in your same class time in a future session.
- If your schedule (or ours) doesn't allow you to do a makeup with a 4 week period of the missed lesson, we can't carry the makeup forward.
- Before you email us to ask about a makeup, first go to our website and view our Makeup Spaces link on the home page to find out if a spot is available in the same class level at a time you can come. (Don't look for a space using the printed or website roster - click instead on the Makeup Spaces link.)
- Using the Makeup Spaces link, you'll see a grid showing how many spots are available in each class for Week 1, 2, etc.
- When the grid shows all spaces are open for a date when there are no classes, such as week six of a five week session, please ignore that date.
- Then view the session calendar or the roster to see dates the weeks correspond to.
- Next, email us with the class and the date you wish to come to. We will confirm via email if that works.
- We cannot guarantee a makeup if classes are full, if we don't have enough advance notice to schedule one, or if there is not an appropriate class or horse.
- When you are scheduled for a makeup, your horse assignment will usually be different from the horse you ride in your regular time.
- It’s up to you to remember the horse we have emailed you that you can ride during your makeup class. We won’t remember when you show up.
- If we schedule a makeup for you, and you don't come to that scheduled makeup, we do not schedule a second makeup.
Practice Riding as a Makeup for a missed lesson is an option according to
the following policy:
- Students who have passed the Practice Riding & Trail Test may make up a missed
class by scheduling a practice ride (PR) within a month of the missed lesson.
- If your schedule doesn't allow you to practice ride within a month of the missed lesson, we can't carry the credit forward.
- Please email
or call us at least 24 hours in advance with
the time and horse you wish to ride. We will then confirm whether your plan works for us or not.
- When you arrive for your PR, sign in to the PR log book, noting the missed class date you are making up.
- Practice rides are not available on Saturdays (when classes are scheduled), or on some weeknights when classes are held indoors and the weather isn't suitable for outdoor riding.
Cancellations -- Can I cancel after I have registered and get a refund?
The New Student Registration fee of $20 is non-refundable after we have sent you an email or left a phone message to confirm your spot in class.
If you need to cancel after we have confirmed your spot in class but before the session begins, we may be able to apply your payment to a future session, or, if we find a replacement for your spot, refund you (minus a $20 fee).
Refunds and credits are not available after the session begins.
Lessons cancelled by WRR due to weather, illness of instructor, etc. are
rescheduled by the instructor or fully refunded. See weather
cancellation policy for details.